Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Serengeti Safari at Busch Gardens

inline imageEpisode 8 in theDIBB SeaWorld Parks tour revisits Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay and the much loved Serengeti Safari.

I have seen a lot of posts from members on how much they loved getting up close to the animals at Busch Gardens and the safari is no exception to this. You even get the chance to hand feed giraffe on the tour.

There is a dedicated loading area for the safari trucks where your safari tour guide will load you onto the back of the flat bed truck. There are no seats so you are free to move around the truck to get the best photo opportunities. It can get a bit bumpy in places so you will be told when you are moving off so you can hold on. When the truck stops you can then move around again.

As you leave the loading dock you will cross a cattle grid to get into the reserve and onto the safari trail.

My personal tour guide was called J.J. He was a great guy that explained many things about the animals on the tour. From where they came from and the differences between the sexes and the sub species of the different animals.

Just to show you how close you can get to the animals, these are a few images taken from the truck.

J.J. pointed out the Zebra they have on the safari at Busch Gardens are Grant’s zebras. They are the smallest zebra at around four and a half feet tall and actually have the stripes all the way down their legs to their hooves.

There are plenty of animals to see from the savannahs of Africa on the tour. From Rhino to Antelope, Ostrich and of course the much loved giraffe.

Hand feeding giraffe was an experience to remember. They love lettuce and the truck carries plenty for all to have a go at feeding them. The giraffe don't mind getting in your face as long as you have their lettuce. They will use their enormous tongues to try and get it out of your hand before you know it.

Some of them even like a neck rub...

And of course they will pose for a selfie for your favourite social media page

Just as long as you have lettuce of course

If you take a look at the short video below you can see the highlights of the safari.

I am really pleased that I went on the Serengeti Safari at Busch Gardens as it wasn't something I had tried before. The highlight for me was feeding the giraffe. Giraffe are my daughters favourite animals and she was so jealous that I had done this. So if you are visiting Busch gardens make sure you book yourself (and your kids) on this and you won't regret it.

Ep1 - Mako
Ep2 - Cobra's Curse
Ep3 - SeaWorld Rescue
Ep4 - SeaVenture at Discovery Cove
Ep5 - Falcon's Fury at Busch Gardens
Ep6 - Discovery Cove Dolphin Swim
Ep7 - Ihu's Breakaway Falls at Aquatica
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SS.jpg
Views:	61295
Size:	37.5 KB