View Single Post
Old 14 Nov 17, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Personally I think they are building too many and too fast. I will be very surprised if they an fill all these new rooms and make money in the long run.

They'll have absolutely no difficulty filling those rooms

The guests are already there. They're just staying at international drive motels and hotels, just next door.

These new hotels will (most probably) offer early admission
Early admission is currently offered to "partner hotel" guests (only when a specific package is booked. partner hotels do not offer early admission as a hotel perk)
so chances are Universal will no longer offer partner hotel early admission package and keep EA for their own hotels.

These new hotels will offer free and regular shuttles to the parks. Most of the other hotels on i-drive have only a few of shuttles each day, you need to book them, and some even charge you for the shuttles. Or you can walk to the parks

the 2 paragraphs above deal with perks that will give some appeal for those new "onsite" hotels.

Universal hotels will also have pools that are way better than whatever smallish, square pools you'll mostly find at the motels down idrive (except those with so called *waterpark*)

If universal is smart enough (and we know they are most of the time) they will just draw guests from other hotels.
the guests are there. and they're staying on idrive mainly because of cost issue.
If Universal can give the onsite feel and perks, with a price structure that's just a little bit above the competition's prices, then you can bet these hotels will often be near, or at, capacity.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List