View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue BL
Sue BL's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 13

Sue BL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thereís a lot of contrary information out there now about medicines in Japan. I wanted confirmation if a licence was needed still for a CPAP machine and the situation with medicines on the controlled list.
I emailed (Kanto Shinetsu Regional Bureau of Health and Welfare) and said:
Iím visiting for two weeks. Do I need a yakkan shoumei certificate to bring a CPAP machine into Japan?
I take Atenolol. I will have a copy of my prescription to show itís for me. Do I need anything more - like an letter from my doctor?

They replied:
Please apply for Yakkan Shoumei for CPAP machine only.
As for Atenolol, within 30 day supply is no problem.

Hope this helps someone.

Edited at 11:48 AM.
Sue BL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List