View Single Post
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Isabel and Camp America

Hello everyone,

Firstly, thank you so much for all the public and private messages of support from the Dibb family.

Sorry I haven’t replied to some of you personally.

Unfortunately Isabel became very sick last week and I was unable to manage her pain relief any longer alone so she was admitted to the Teenage and Young Adult unit, funded by the Teenage Cancer Trust, within Clatterbridge Cancer Centre.

They have been amazing here, and also at Claire House Children’s Hospice which is within the grounds, (who send a reflexologist over yesterday to give Izzy a wonderful foot massage!) Due to the nature of the unit, it is very family friendly and I am able to stay each night with her (which is her worst time, pain wise).

Whilst Isabel has been in, she has been able to have further radiotherapy on her pelvis, ribs and jaw and although this means lots of inflammation and pain initially, it’s hoped it will reduce it in the longer term and help us to manage it better ourselves at home. She is only a week away from her second session of immunotherapy now too.

The rest of the friends she made at Camp America finally returned home on Saturday - a particularly sad day for Izzy as she was in hospital instead of finishing her adventure with them. However, as a team they have got together and planned to do the 3 peaks challenge- in January on Isabel’s behalf, sharing the proceeds between Claire House and the Teenage Cancer Trust. Isabel is so lucky to have made so many good friends in her life, but this is extra touching, not only because it’s a difficult challenge - and in January, but the nature of the group means girls are travelling from 3 continents: America, Poland, Scotland and even Australia to participate.

Should anyone wish to support this cause, feel free to visit or share the link. (The photo on the title page was taken just last month on her last day at camp )

justgiving/crowdfunding/kittyswalk

Many thanks,

Amanda, Paul & Izzy xx

Edited at 05:16 PM.
hermione25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List