View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by martyn321 View Post
We where really annoyed by the character queues, like everyone else says, it doesnt seem to matter how short the line is you wait forever. We gave up after the 2nd day. There seemed to be no one helping organise anything, we got very irate at families all taking every combination of children, children and parents, children and grand parents etc, who then had to do the whole routine again with each members individual camera!

It was literally every single character just took forever.
DLP can't win - form an orderly queue and people whine at the wait. Don't form a queue and its dog eat dog with people getting physically hurt at times. They had people complaining for years that they wanted orderly queues - they've brought them in and now it takes ages (in peak season)...

The other option is to do what they do at WDW and make meets less interactive, with less time spent with each family. Again though, that's not going to please people!

I'm actually pleased they've got more meets now - for a while you were lucky to see 2-3 characters a day. They've listened, brought more in and in a more orderly manner!

Appreciate it's not nice queuing for hours though. Where possible we use EMH, or character meals, or simply give up time and get in line super early to be at or near the front.

DLP has just celebrated its official 25th birthday and it's Easter holidays - it was never going to be a quiet time to go. As much as I felt a pang when I saw the birthday parade, I'd rather go when it's a little quieter. This is why we chose May half term rather than Easter this year.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List