View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

As someone who suddenly found themselves in hospital for 3 months on a ventilator last summer and my husband having to cancel holidays these are our observations:

TUI - wouldnt speak to my husband as I was lead passenger, despite being told I was on a ventilator and my surgeon trying to speak with them. Put us down as "no shows" on our July holiday, we should also have holidayed in the Sept with them and I was still in hospital... again wouldnt speak to anyone other than me (even though I was still on drips, blood transfusions in hospital). Absolute nightmare to deal with.

Virgin Holidays - had to cancel a holiday that had been booked for earlier this year as was by then on chemotherapy. They instantly offered to amend the booking, cancel it or do whatever we wanted. We couldnt decide as I had just started chemo so they cancelled the booking. When I subsequently rang in July to book for September they couldnt do enough for me. Lounge access foc, special assistance organised, extra luggage allowance foc for medical equipment I need, deposit from original holiday lost was transferred over onto the new booking. Medical seats allocated for us. Both hotels notified not only of my medical needs, but also the fact its my birthday whilst we are there. So far I've also amended our first week from Rosen @ Pointe to Rosen Plaza, Ive changed my room type at HRH. All with minimal fuss and lots of help and advice from VH

M&S Travel Insurance - amazing! Paid out for both the holidays that Tui disputed that we tried to cancel (despite both my husband and surgeon having tried to speak and email with them).

Its only when you are ill that you actually find out how good these companies are.
2013 A level celebrations Mum & daughter HRH/RPR/Rosen@Pointe
2008 All the family Regal Palms/HRH

Edited at 08:11 PM.
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List