View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Another day of soaking it up and living the US vibe. Cloudy days are a killer for the sunburn. It kinda creeps up on you when you think it's safe!

A shame about your return trip to the bar but I guess you got 'authentic' if not 'welcoming'. That's absolute reality for you!

Dinner looked good, especially the seafood pasta thingy! Kilwin’s for ice cream on the way home is a great substitute for pudding from the menu, we often head elsewhere for goodies after our main meals.

Good work John at Pier 60! Nice to be able to save the day for someone! We'd all want someone to do the same for us. Nice idea to frame the $5.

Another lovely day and of course, one step closer to home. Looking forward to the last few days of this trip. It's been a lovely read and has reminded me of so many of our own great times in our happy place.

To be honest with you, I'm sticking with (and thoroughly enjoying) this report but am finding reading others a bit too sad at the moment. I love to hear what people have been up to and what I can look forward to, but with no prospect of returning to Orlando within the next 12 months now (unless things get much better) it's like torturing myself. Usually I'm reading reports with a specific upcoming trip in mind and have a spreadsheet open on another tab to make notes about cool things to do or places to visit or to add places to eat/menu's that have been reviewed.

With no plan's for any holidays until 2022...nothing at all..not ever a weekend..actually nothing! It feels as if there is very little to look forward to. Even planning trips in the UK is becoming tricky now with local lockdowns and new rules every other day.

This report has been a great friend to me through the covid crisis. I've been furloughed since March and may not get back to work proper until the end of October. Thanks for being a light in the darkness Walt4it. I'm looking forward to reading the last few days before I finally get back to having a day job again.

Planning for 2022 might be the best I can hope for but it's only 18 months till Easter 2022!
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List