View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 17, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by rummy63 View Post
I have read all your trip reports and watched your "kids" grow up. Chloe is turning out to be a beautiful young lady. You are now the smallest one in the family. Doesn't stop you worrying though and what happened was horrendous.
Regarding the room I think you are spot on and your room had probably already been let at a premium price.
Was there anything in writing saying that only cards were acceptable?
Have a chelp about it on Trip Advisor. They hate getting a 0/5 rating.
I have a feeling that free hotels for the rest of your life won't suffice because NOTHING can compensate that fear in a mother that her children are in danger.
Thank you, I've just told Chloe and she also said thanks.

The hotel never even asked how old the kids were obviously they saw Connor but I could have had a baby for all they cared. Nothing in writing anywhere to say we couldn't pay in cash.
I have asked multiple times now why they accept cash on check out and not check in.. I've not had a answer to that. In fact I've not had a answer to anything I've asked.
I did get a very patronising email from someone who said " As a father of 6, I understand how frustrating the situation must have been when you attempted to check into our hotel (obviously travelling away from home) and were told the hotel would only allow a credit card. We do allow guests to pay by cash on departure once we know the total cost of the stay, There are times such as this one that I wish the policy weren't in place "

That is utter rubbish .. the bill was for $680.. I said turn off all incidentals we won't charge anything to the room and offered as much cash deposit as they wanted..

Oh and they sent me a voucher for a free night, must be used in a Hilton Garden Inn.. there are 4 in England.. but its only for a standard 2 person room.. its not even like for like.. as we had a family room booked..
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List