View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Regrettably I am out of the group.

I Cancelled my West Coast vacation commencing on 19 August this morning after hearing that they are already extending quarantine periods in the States. With 40 days to go, it was the straw that broke the Camels back.

This is a positive thread and therefore I must add a positive. My flight is still available and in my t’s and c’s it only offered deferral of flights to 31 December 2021. When I phoned American Airlines, the guy said he could improve on that because my direct flight London-Phoenix had been changed to an indirect via Chicago. He gave me a full refund and it will be in my bank within 7 days... perhaps another airline could learn from this!

As for those still with their hat in the ring, Good luck to you all and I sincerely hope that your Vacations go ahead.
Sorry to hear that and I hope you plan another adventure soon! We had the same positive service from United. I wasn’t expecting them to offer a full refund without us pushing.

A Californian adventure is on our bucket list. We did one pre-kids but would love do return. 😊
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List