View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We don't have enough credits! 16 nights Universal and Disney (DDP) September 2017 - Day 1

So our first time in many years starting the holiday without a character breakfast had to be one of the fabulous breakfast options we've missed over the years. . We had brought some Azera latte sachets and a kettle (we really do love Azera!) so we had some while getting ready.
We went out about 7.30am and decided on iHOP as there's one just round the corner from Universal on I-drive.

Syrup! They had "Old Fashioned", Blueberry, Butter Pecan and Strawberry.

We both ordered coffee and orange juice.

Marie ordered the 2x2x2 which was 2 eggs, 2 pancakes and 2 of either bacon or sausage, she chose bacon.

I chose the French Toast Combo which came with eggs, bacon or sausage and hash browns.

Empty plates!

This was fantastic! The French toast in particular was delicious. It's been a long time but I suspect we'll be making some more trips to iHOP our next trip DDP or not!

This came to $25 and we left $30. No coupons for us as I'm just too lazy!

We headed into Universal and re-activated the Coke Freestyle mugs we bought last year. This cost around $8 each for the day. We re-activated both as we like different drinks. We also bought two of the Quick Service Meal plans as they were BOGO 50% off in September for annual pass holders. This cost around $30 I think plus $16 for the mugs. I need to look out my receipts.

We had a snack mid-morning as we noticed Florian Fortescues Ice Cream Parlour was empty and we've never seen it without a queue all the way out the door. We used the snack portion of our meal plans. I was boring and just went for Butterbeer as I love it so much.

Marie went for mint which she initially thought was mint choc as they're displayed next to each other on the menu.

Mine was divine! I love soft serve ice cream and the flavour of the Butterbeer ice cream. Marie's on the other hand wasn't that great. It was vanilla ice cream with a swirl of mint that you could hardly taste. It made me wonder if you actually could get mint choc if it's just a swirl of flavour anyway.

Lunch was in IoA in the Comic Strip Café. We decided on this as there's quite a varied selection here.

I went for chicken alfredo which came with a breadstick and Caesar salad plus a drink included as part of the meal deal.

Marie had a burger.

I have a relatively low opinion of Universal QS places and this did nothing to change that. The breadstick was stale and the pasta tasteless. Marie said the burger was fine but the bun was like someone had microwaved it and now it had gone stale.
On top of that, even with the BOGO 50% off I don't think the meal deal was worth it for us in addition to the Coke Freestyle as we didn't need a drink with our meal - we could have used the mugs. We also didn't then need the additional drink that came with the meal deal but we got bottles to take back to the room. I'm rubbish at proper budgeting for food! Sorry Dixonsontour!

Dinner was Bubba Gumps on Citywalk. We decided on this as it was Saturday and having a Landry card meant we could just walk up. As expected we were seated straight away.

I ordered Forrests Seafood Feast.

Marie had Mama's Southern Fried Chicken. This came with mashed potato but Marie asked to sub this for fries.

This was nice but I found mine was warm, not hot. I actually found that a lot this holiday and I think I only had to blow on my food twice! It wasn't cold but still...
Marie said her chicken had a lot of coating on it.

This cost us $23 after taking off a $25 birthday reward Marie had (we both had one). We left $10 tip.

We had also bought one of the giant pink Lard Lad donuts and I had a bit later. Sorry the picture is not great as we'd carted it around IoA!

Trip Report Index

Edited at 11:36 AM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List