View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
The information your gave it great but all that is on my mind now is how can US employers pay waiting staff so little and expect them to make the money on Tips. I think its a disgrace and a minimum wage should be a living wage regardless of tips. This is a but like the airlines who publish cheap prices but then expect you to pay for the carry on bag, they know you will as most people do and tipping is the same.
Fortunately its against the law in this country and hopefully that will not change. I want to tip someone when the service is good or excellent and not just because its expected.
Different customs in different countries and why the tip or not to tip discussion happens. Basically if you don't like the custom don't visit the country . Applies whether it's tipping or more seriously human rights issues in certain countries. It's a big world , lots of countries to choose from. At least with the US you can choose to avoid the custom by eating at quick service rather than resturaunts if it offends your sensibilities. What I find distasteful is those who know it's the custom but still eat in tippable settings and don't tip "because we don't do it at home" well you aren't AT home !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List