View Single Post
Old 30 Dec 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I had planned to do Delia's Hot Smoked Salmon pie but then I remembered a starter my mum and I had last year in a local restaurant with smoked haddock in a cheese sauce and decided to make a full size version. I added leeks, because why not!? And a cheesy mash.

Dessert was Yule Log from Jamie Oliver's most recent show. The ingredients for this cost a fortune and I remembered why I don't make. THE MESS! I do not have a future on Bake Off, look at this presentation

I was very smug when my sponge was cooling as it had rolled up beautiful in the grease proof paper, but once I unrolled it to do the filling and then attempt to re-roll we ended up with something akin to a rectangle than a cylinder

After all that cost, and all that effort, I didn't like it! Nik did though.

The smoked salmon pancake stacks for breakfast today, we didn't have any avocado as was out of stock for our food shop.

Bacon and Brie Croissants with poached eggs, just like Be Our Guest for lunch

Beef Wellington for dinner, it broke my heart to cook it medium well so Nik would actually eat it. We got this from an online butcher and it was the perfect size for 2 of us, we really enjoyed it.

We had hasselback potatoes, creamed spinach and peppercorn sauce as our sides

Then Black Forrest Cheesecake for pudding. Crisis averted this morning as I had to strain the lumps from the custard

The fish bake and the trifle are my kind of foods!
Yum!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List