View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
aimo
Getting Excited

Beginning to plan South California Trip April 2020

Evening Dibbers!

I am in the early stages of planning a family trip to California for April 2020. We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids, who will be 10 and 13 when we go.

Rough plan is to stay 14-17nights (depending on annual leave allowance from work) over the Easter Holidays.

I have been reading the trip reports on here and researching, where to go and when. Its a bit overwhelming to be honest, so many great places to go. We are going to focus on the south of the state and a rough route planned. Not sure yet which way round we will follow the loop, planning to fly into LAX or San Diego, (flights not released yet)

It will go something like this...

Santa Monica

LA

Fonatana (for the speedway)

Barstow (for the outlets & nearby ghost town)

Big Bear Lake

Joshua Tree

Palm Springs

San Diego

How does that sound for a rough plan?

I also wondered about flying into one airport and out of the other? But would we be missing out if we didn't see that part of the coast between LA and San diego?

Any advise appreciated, particularly suggestions about how long to stay in each place, accommodation, and things to do.

We really wanted a mixture of cities, relaxation, and outdoors walks, scenery, activities. Not planning on doing any theme parks, , we've been to Orlando the last 3 years so my hubby would like to do something different next year!

Thanks in advance!
aimo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List