View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post

update Disney take two! - COMPLETE

In February I did my first live trip report, I surprised myself a bit by keeping up each day, so I thought I would give it another go.

We do not usually do two Orlando trips a year, but we only had five days in Disney last month as we spent time at Universal, so I persuaded DH that we should go back for a fortnight. I had been thinking of late November / early December to see the Christmas decorations. But instead we decided on September with the cunning plan of avoiding Star Wars crowds. GE opening date was announced shortly afterwards so that was a big fail.

Travelling will be the two of us, me the chief organiser and husband who chose the alias "Nev" for my last report which I will stick with this time too. We will be flying Virgin this time, having cancelled our BA reward flights with a month to go and ongoing uncertainty of BA strike action. The new plans involve me flying a few days earlier than the original plan but Nev will be flying the same date.

As we booked well after the free dining offer, I contemplated staying at a Disney Springs partner hotel, but in the end we decided to stay onsite as we won’t have a car and onsite is more convenient. I initially booked fourteen nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge but this was later changed to club level at Wilderness Lodge. The new nights added on at the beginning will be spent at the Caribbean Beach Resort.

As we don't have a dining plan I expect there will be more QS meals this time which I will add into the list below as we do them, but below is what we currently have ADRs for.

As I write the report, I will update the list before with a link so that people can go straight to a restaurant review if they want to.

Breakfasts

Virgin Clubhouse
Centretown Market
Premier Inn (Gatwick)
Spyglass Grill
Spyglass Grill (again)
WL Old Faithful Club Lounge
Woody’s Lunchbox
The Wave..
Boma

Lunch

Virgin inflight