View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 15, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
academy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by redspottyowl View Post
Ok.. so introductions over, lets start with some planning, this section is all about NYC, the big apple! I have to say that when I visited 20 years ago aged 18, I really didn't enjoy NYC, I think this was mainly attributable to the fact I had been in the US for nearly 4 months and just wanted to go home, plus I think, there were areas you just really didn't want to be. From what I understand NYC is much safer, cleaner and generally friendly these days, so I am excited about this visit as are the rest of the family. My DD's are the key drivers in this element of the trip.

So here are some of our plans...

22nd May 2015 - Depart Heathrow, flying Virgin Atlantic, we have pre-booked our seats (for free I hasten to add) and are sitting on the left hand side, which, I understand has the best views. DH has an exit row seat and me and the girls are behind.

We land just before midday. After our passports are checked we are thinking of getting the AirTrain into Penn Station, but this plan may change and we may opt for a yellow cab.
We then check into our hotel, the New Yorker

We will then have a wander around and get our bairings before going for food at the Hard Rock Cafe. Me and DH have meal vouchers we bought from Attraction Tickets Direct for £15 each

23rd May - is DD1's 10th Birthday, so we have a day full of surprises, starting off with a Toy Soldier Breakfast at FAO Shwartz ($40 each)

We will then head towards Central Park as I have pre-booked a horse and carriage ride, which will last about 1 hour (about £85)

We will then grab a drink, here if possible... and some treats too!

We will then head up to the Rockefeller Centre and go to the 'Top of the Rock"

Ending the day with a celebration meal at Ellens Stardust Diner!

24th May 2015

So far we have booked Crown Access tickets for the Statue of Liberty, not sure If I will make it up there , but we will see!

We will then jump on the subway across to Dumbo for some Pizza before walking back across the Brooklyn Bridge!

We will then head to BareBurger for Dinner, which I have a Groupon for $14 for $26 worth of food!

25th May -
Today we check out of our New York Hotel, but as we don't fly until 5pm we will leave our bags with the concierge.
We plan to have a look in Century 21, Macy's, Times Square and if time, Chelsea Market and Toys R US before heading to Penn Station to catch the Air Train to Newark for a 5pm flight with JetBlue to ORLANDO!
Looking Good so far
academy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List