View Single Post
Old 22 Oct 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gasman66
Serious Dibber

Ask your GP for a PSA blood test, and if it is elevated he will discuss the options for you. I had mine done 1 year ago last week, had the blood test (PSA 17 and rising) then the physical and was immediately referred to the hospital for a one stop shop.. blood test, physical (consultant) MRI scan. Within 1 week back in for bi-opsy, another week prognosis "Prostate Cancer"... that was a hard day, but the great news was I had caught it early, and it had not spread, had a chat with consultant again with the options and a prostectomy (removal) was agreed... 1 year ago next week had the op, and started having 3 monthly blood tests for PSA level... to date PSA is zero, now onto 6 monthly tests... Looking back I am so glad to have had it checked out early and possibly saved my life being drastically shortened. I would encourage anyone who is worried GET IT CHECKED OUT... sorry this is a bit long winded but it is a decision that my wife and I made and do not regret one minute...hope you do the same...
Gasman66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List