View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 17, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

I sympathise with you for having this hassle. I am not familar with Citrus Grove Villas, and as I could not find their web site, it is not clear how you managed to find them yourself. They are a Management Company, not the owner, so they are just as much a victim of the owner's decision to sell as you are. Your legal rights depend on the small print of the t and c's you agreed to - e.g. was the contract with the MC, or with the owner? Whilst you are definitely entitled to your money back, it is not the MC's fault so you can't expect them to offer another property owned by someone else at a loss to them. However, the fact they have offered 2 properties is good - you definitely have somewhere to stay, and it proves that there is still availability if you choose to look around.
I am surprised you normally only pay £1000 for 3 weeks, particularly as you want somewhere that is better than average. You are a factor of 2 out. You shouldn't be surprised at £2000. You need to be realistic with regard to prices.
Booking with 4 to 5 weeks to go is actually quite normal. Most of the Orlando holidaymakers are from the US and they often book with 2 to 3 months or less to go. My guest who checks out today only booked 1 week in advance, for example. I've had a lot of bookings like that. It only takes about 48hrs to finalise details online - so you have plenty of time. No need to panic.
Villas being put up for sale is a fact of life, I'm afraid. People's circumstances change. Team Donovan reports that 372 changed hands in August in the Orlando resort area (similar to previous months), a further 571 were under contract awaiting closure and 1539 were up for sale. That means over 4,000 changed hands in the last year. That is a lot! If you book a year or more in advance, like some Dibbers seem to do, there is a much greater chance of the owner deciding to sell after you book and completing the sale before you arrive. Whereas US guests are much more savvy - there isn't time for the owner to sell between them booking and check-in.
It just means you need to do the villa search again. Good luck.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List