View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Robin3
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We are resigned to a 5 hour drive from Falmouth in any case as LHR is also our most realistic airport for good deals (you can forget Exeter, Bristol or Cardiff for what I seek).

We use the journey as a part of the vacation.
Harry Potter World at Watford is great on the way in to Heathrow before staying overnight at the Airport. Parking and car storage (Prem Inn Bath Rd and Purple) are also superb value.

London Toronto and then either Miami- London or Orlando -London are currently very good for Easter 2021 and I wouldn’t expect them to be much different for the summer. Simply flying home from Florida as part of a Multi City is cheap. It is only straightforward U.K.- Florida’s where you get ripped off on a supply and demand basis. That is why I no longer do it!

Buffalo- Orlando flights are 10 a penny and work out at around £110- £120 pp inc baggage with a 1 hr layover. You can fly it cheaper and direct with Frontier, but they seem a bit ‘Ryanair’ with their extras, even cabin baggage and the total sum comes out much the same when you add in those extras. I would sooner the reassurance of American or United.

I take it that you have read the pretrippie in my signature? That is all booked up, other than train from YYZ into downtown Toronto and the Megabus to Niagara. I am holding off on both as I know that there will be no issues.. other than if I seek a refund on Covid cancellation.
Yes I’ve read your pre trip report, it’s given me a lot to think about, it’s very informative & sounds like a fantastic holiday. I’m going to look into it all. Planning & hoping for next year is giving me something to focus on, last year & this year has been so disappointing.
Robin3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List