View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Most odd experience with Amazon Alexa

Started to get messages on my phone this evening from Alexa informing me that I had just added a new light bulb to my Alexa.

I hadn't in fact I don't have any lights connected. Checked in the house and no-one else had been adding lights. On closer inspection the lights were all being added from the Netherlands.

I have phoned Amazon and they can see the lights and that they are in the Netherlands but even they at the moment can't tell if its a clitch or someone putting in wrong email.

I have of course changed my Amazon password but may also change my email with them. They are going to get back to me.

If it was someone in error in Holland then they must have been having a particularly difficult time of it in the last 30 minutes as everytime they turned on a light or made it change colour I switched it back off. they must have been wondering what on earth was going wrong!

It was a pain but I had to disable 11 lights as they kept trying to add them as fast as I was disabling them. they have gone all quiet now.

I have double checked and no unusual activity on my account apart from the light thing.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List