View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

We love Madeira, the climate is great. Depending on the months you go , you will find some areas quite windy . Funchal is more sheltered I find. Beautiful prom to walk along, loads of little restaurants in a pedestrian area and really cheap to eat in. In the square around the Church, loads of entertainment by groups, bands etc. Lovely place to sit, have a drink and just chill. In Funchal we stay at the Cliff Bay, but be prepared for Quite steep roads.

Last December we stayed In Canico Baxio, just about 15 mins from airport and it’s quite isolated, but was an all inclusive. Loved it so much we booked again for July , but we all know what happened then.
We like to walk a lot, but apart from the steep roads not much more. Even in December we had temperatures in the mid 20’s and odd mins of rain, but always a nice wind.
As others say, it’s a difficult airport to land in , and may take more than one attempt but don’t let that put you off. Lovely airport inside and means on departure I can bring my Birds Of Paradise flowers back
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List