View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Amybelle88
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Pre Travel Day- Manchester

It was only 3.00pm but any good Team Bricki adventure starts with cocktails and our honeymoon was no exception so we went to the Little M bar at the Radisson Blu, Manchester. The bar staff were lovely and friendly.
Brett ordered his favourite an Espresso Martini (with spiced rum not vodka)

I had a Mojito (always judge a bar on how good they can make a Mojito, has to be the perfect balance of everything)

Brett had room for one more so went for a White Russian (again with spiced rum not Vodka)

The cocktails were delicious, at first glance we thought they were expensive at £9 for "bog standard" ones but they made up for it in presentation and taste, my Mojito was so refreshing and I am guessing with the speed that Brett's two went down, he liked his too.

We needed food now and already knew where we were going- Mowgli in the centre of Manchester! We have eaten here before at their other Manchester spot and it is just delicious! We have been desperate to go back and thought the start of our honeymoon was the perfect excuse. They serve the best Indian street food but they do one very special dish- Bunny Chow! This is basically curry in a loaf of bread but it is a hugely popular dish in South Africa and hard to find in the UK.

We ordered way too much food as usual but it was so worth it. If you are vegan or gluten free they have tons of options too, it really is a fabulous place.

So aside from the Bunny Chow, we got Treacle Tamarind Fries

Lamb Chops (that comes with more fries)

House Prawn Curry

Sticky Chicken Wings.

The food is just so good here, really strong flavours and spices. The curries are amazing, their take on fries is out of this world. Another amazing visit here.

And of course we didn’t forget about the cocktails! A little bit different as they are flavoured with spices, but we loved them.

Brett had the Masala Espresso Martini (spicy but it works)

and Lychee Rose Martini (has a floral taste likeTurkish Delight).

I had the Chai Rum Sling

and Pomegranate Fizz (both fruity)

All in all a delicious filling meal and not bad price at £75 for 4 cocktails, 1 main and 4 decent size tapas dishes.
Mowgli is unreal! We have one in Liverpool. I’m drooling and it’s only 9am 😂