View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 17, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracyjj0 View Post
Hi

I've been looking at a Carnival Cruise to the Caribbean, sailing out of Galveston, this August.

The price on the Carnival.com site seems much cheaper than on the .co.uk site - so I guess I could book through that, but I seem to remember seeing that sometimes US agents add sweeteners, such as extra onboard credit.

Can anyone advise me whether it's a good idea - any pros and cons? Any recommendations for agents?

I don't think Carnival (cruise line) allow you to book through a US agent. We have tried booking Princess and Holland America cruises with a US agent and as soon as they hear that we are UK residents they say the cruise line won't allow them to book. Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Cunard, Costa and P&O are part of the same parent company - Carnival Corporation. Their 'regional pricing' policy makes me cross.
Have you tried a dummy booking online with US agent - see what happens when you put in your address.
RCCL, Celebrity, Azamara, Disney and NCL and others allow booking through a US agent.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List