View Single Post
Old 4 Dec 17, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
Sorry, that's for 2 adults, one teen and one child, no car.

Tampa would be fine but that route is even more expensive at the moment! FLL is much cheaper (£2,000 ish) but I'd rather pay a bit more for direct if I thought the prices would come down a bit as the drive up and back again puts us off a bit.

Oh, and my countdown is wrong! I moved our holiday forward a week and haven't changed it - will get that sorted.
We are flying out to Tpa on 12/10. Was planning on flying back 2/11. We are 2 adults, 1 teen, 1 child and one infant. Have upgraded car hire to a 7 seater for the duration. We paid £3000.20 on flight release day. For us MCO was about £4000, TPA was £3800. We added an extra day and booked FLL Home.
We looked at it that the kids would be beat when we got there anyway so the slightly longer drive wasn’t an issue.
I have driven to FLL for a cruise before and it’s a straight forward drive. Take keys about 3 to 3 and a quarter hours. As we will be kicked out of hour accommodation in the morning we didn’t think we’d be doing much anyway and gives us a chance to visit a restaurant we like in Fort Lauderdale.

I honestly think the flights may be a fair bit cheaper than we paid come the Boxing Day/new year sales. I just didn’t have the b**ls to wait!
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List