View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
To be fair people were advised to evacuate to Nassau but those left behind chose not to for whatever reasons. It's a hard decision . My friends who live in Vero evacuated for Irma to Georgia and the darn thing followed them ! This time unless Vero itself is under flood warning they intend to hunker down and stay put so it's a waiting game.
We currently have lunch plans with them for Sunday in West Palm Beach , we shall see what happens and whether any of us will even be in Florida at the weekend !
I hope your friends are safe in a very difficult time for them and that you get your Sunday lunch with them - positive thoughts in that direction for you.

Yes people on the northern Bahamas islands were advised to evacuate but due to the position of the islands and the amount of transport it wasn't possible to get so many people out in such a short time but the authorities did their best. Friends of mine who live on Harbour Island did leave and are waiting for news about if they can return but it is too early at the moment for them to find out.

Of course there are people who chose for whatever reason to stay. Sadly there is a report of one death already (a young boy and his sister missing) let us hope that in the coming days this number doesn't significantly increase.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List