Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOS POST

Bethany and Dan took Cody and Cole to the Baby Care Centre to change them before we went to use our Peter Pan FP

We joined the FP line at 12.10 and were on and off in 10 minutes. We all enjoyed the ride, another nice, easy fun one.

We took a slow walk back towards the front of the park, via Liberty Square

Phil, Madison and Kaley stopped off on the way and got some Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards. We left and headed up to the resort monorail line.

Green monorail

And then our monorail, monorail silver again

Phil took some photos

We were on the monorail at 12.50pm and it took a little while to get round to the Poly

We nipped to our cars to get our stuff then we went up to Dan, Dave and Cole's room and Ryan, Bethany, Piper and Cody went to Mum and Dad's.

Cole was having lots of fun being able to play on the floor. He had some toys and Madison and Kaley were playing with him and rolling his ball away and saying fetch and he just kept laughing uncontrollably, it was so cute

We all got ready to go swimming and I took Madison and Kaley upstairs to get the waterproof video camera from Mum and Dad (I have no idea when we gave it to them). They were all ready so we went down to the pool with them at about 2pm (Dan was still faffing I think ).

I was all ready to go in the pool but it had gotten a bit cloudy and I didn't want to have to do my hair so I ended up staying out, filming and taking photos.

Madison had come out after a while to sit with me

After just over an hour, everyone was ready to get out and head back up to the rooms. We had wanted to try a flatbread from Captain Cooks so went and got a pepperoni one with a sprite

This should have cost $15.43 including tax but we used a quick service credit. We shared this to have a taste and it was really nice. After this, we got all our stuff together and went to Pineapple Lanai to get a pineapple swirl dole whip float

This should have cost $5.99 plus tax but we used snack credit. This was really good, the four of us really like these. It was 3.30pm by now and Dan, Dave and Cole had already gone up to have baths and showers. We went up and had showers, got dressed and I did the girls hair. While I was finishing getting ready, Phil took some photos of the girls out on the balcony

We were all ready to leave at 4.30pm and followed each other to BJ's Brewhouse at Vineland. It took ages to get there and it was 5.10pm when we arrived. They couldn't find our reservation to start with but a manager came over and sorted it. We were soon shown to a long table to the left in the restaurant. We had drinks and had placed our order by 5.45pm.

Kaley had cheese and tomato pizza and fries, $6.50

Sorry, very blurry pic.

Madison had a cheeseburger and fries, $6.50

They both really liked these and Madison ate all of hers.

Phil had the Brewhouse burger and fries, $9.50

He really enjoyed this.

I had the BJ's classic fried chicken sandwich, $12.50

This was really good, I just wasn't hungry enough to eat it all.

Dan and Dave were paying for mine and Phil's food as we were getting their food using our credits in a couple of days. This meant that for our drinks and the girls food and our share of the tip, we only paid $25. I've also just realised that I had wrote in my notes that Mum and Dad felt so bad that we weren't sat together at breakfast and couldn't use their discount that they gave us $20 so we used that to pay towards our share. We tried to not accept it but they weren't having any of it.

Photo of the receipt

I love this photo

We were all too full for pudding, though Dan and Dave got some monkey bread to go, so we left at 6.50pm. We had wanted to go to Walmart after dinner but it was later than we had thought we would be finished and after such a long day, and with another early start tomorrow, we decided to leave it and just head back to POR. With Dan and Dave having got us some water and getting milk from the resort the day before, there wasn't anything that we needed to get urgently.

We were back to our room at 7.15pm. Kaley was really tired and went straight to bed

Phil was going over to Riverside Mill to get us some drinks in our refillable mugs and Madison wasn't tired so went with him. Our location was perfect, it was just about a 5 minute walk from our room to the main area so they weren't gone too long. They went into Fulton's General Store on their way back and Phil got a POR specific pin badge ($9.99) and a 2019 specific pin ($14.99), including tax the total was $26.61.

I tidied up our stuff from the day and got things ready for tomorrow. Phil and Madison got back with the drinks then Madison got ready for bed and was in bed reading at 7.50pm.

She went to sleep at about 8.15pm. My notes say I was in bed at 8.30pm reading, which I thought was early but looking at my notes for the following day, the time is very similar so it must be correct.

My steps for today - 18,136
Phil's steps for today - 16,794

We'd had such a good day today. The girls loved getting to spend their birthday with everyone in Magic Kingdom and it was good to have pool time together. We do go all in with birthdays as a family so it was good that we were having dinner together with not being all together at breakfast.

We couldn't believe how quiet Magic Kingdom was this morning (it was a 1 on Touring Plans), and although we spent quite a bit of our EMH time on Main Street getting photos, we still got on a lot of rides and saw characters before our breakfast ADR. I was glad we had decided to utilise the additional early EMH that were on while we there, it made such a difference to our first few days.

Next up, Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs is HERE.

TODAY'S DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 1 Counter Service used and 1 Snack Credit used. We do get better at using these, I promise!

OVERALL DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 3/80 Counter Service used and 1/80 Snack Credits used.

DINING PLAN CREDITS REMAINING - 77 Counter Service and 79 Snack Credits.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 04:17 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List