View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
BruTamUK
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
This is their reply

I'm sorry that the automated message didn't answer your question this time round!

You're quite right that your travel insurance with your FlexPlus will not cover you for trips in the UK or abroad booked on or after 18 March, now that the risks of Coronavirus are known.

This applies to flights and accommodation.

This also applies to any new upgrades you may be purchasing for trips booked before 18 March 2020.

As long as you are not paying anything further to your trip you'll be covered, but anything further you may need to pay, you won't be covered for, as this will be a new purchase.

When you do travel again, if you unfortunately catch Coronavirus, you would be cover, as this is a trip you booked before the 18th March 2020.

I read that as anything extra to pay or paying extra to change dates after 18/3 means no cover even for medical if you were to catch it
This but "As long as you are not paying anything further to your trip you'll be covered, but anything further you may need to pay, you won't be covered for, as this will be a new purchase."

That doesn't fill me with any confidence that the remaining balance due on our pre march 18th booking will be covered!
BruTamUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List