View Single Post
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Today we went to Busch Gardens. We saw that the weather had been quite stormy all afternoon in Orlando, so we were pleased to be in beautiful sunshine in Tampa - until around 4.30 when buckets of water started falling from the sky we are currently sat on the coach back dripping wet! But we had a fab day and did all of the rides, most more than once - it was dead in there!

We aren’t huge fans of the Busch Gardens food but as you’re a captive audience in there, we have no choice but to sample some of it.

Today we opted for chicken tenders and fries with a coke and water from Zagora Cafe first.

These were just standard tenders and fries but were nice and filled a hole.

Later on we went to Dragonfire Grill and from the Asian Wok section we chose a chicken and beef platter with noodles and vegetable spring rolls.

I always like vegetable spring rolls so these were a hit for me, but would’ve been made better with some sweet chilli sauce. The beef and broccoli side of the dish was nice, but neither of us really liked the chicken which turned out to be orange chicken which was really tangy - more of an orange flavour than we’d have liked.

Finally before we left we visited Zambia Smokehouse where we had the Smokehouse Sampler. This was supposed to be ribs, chicken and brisket but for some reason we received a sausage rather than brisket.

The sausage actually turned out to be the standout meat for me - it was really nice. W also enjoyed the sausage and the ribs. The chicken was pretty good too. W actually declared this platter better than the flame tree barbecue one at Animal Kingdom, but I don’t agree!

Time to dry off now before we visit Longhorns tonight.

Edited at 12:43 AM.
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List