Thread: PISA Italy
View Single Post
Old 5 Aug 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We went to Pisa in Feb this year. Was a strange trip as we booked it Friday morning and flew Saturday! This was due to the extreme storm that was due to hit England Saturday lunchtime. We were going to Sardinia but easyJet recommended changing flight so we moved to Pisa as the flight went out very early before the storm was due! It worked well as our flight to Sardinia was cancelled.
Our hotel owner was amazing and gave us loads of tips for things to do we. We went by train to Florence, Lucca and Via Reggio. All beautiful. He also told us about some hot springs near by that looked amazing, and a town where they have a very famous horse race. Sorry can’t remember the names of them.
Pisa was our last trip abroad this year! Covid almost hit Italy while we were there. We knew nothing about it really going, and were shocked to be treated at airport by staff in full PPE and had our temperature checked. Then on getting back we soon found we had crossed into the so called red zone when we went to Florence. My work sent me home and I had to ring 111, if we had come back 1 day later we would have had to self isolate for 14 days. How long ago that now seems!
Hope you enjoy it, it was our first trip to Italy and we fell in love with it!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List