Old 7 Aug 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
This charging for Mulan is really poor. Netflix often spends $150m per series or per movie and has a constant stream of this stuff. Irishman cost $150m, Six Underground the same, the Crown is $130m every series etc. Disney is spending $1bn on original content- Netflix $17 bn! Yet Disney charges $30 to watch its $200m movie.
BTW I finally watched The Irishman, absolutely fantastic.
I do love Mandalorian though.
Irishman is excellent, slow compared to most contemporary stuff but worth the time. Loved Ricky Gervais's gag at the Golden Globes "Leonardo DiCaprio attended the premiere, and by the end his date was too old for him."

Disney couldn't have imagined a worse global crisis than one which almost obliterated cinema trips, cruising and theme park visits in a single hit. It was fortuitous they had Disney+ ready in one way but I agree with you that paying £30 for a home watch of a cinematic release is a no go, can't see them making up for many >$1bn releases like this but guess they have to try.

Hopefully people stand firm and don't pay for it. But Pay per View boxing doesn't feel like good value (at similar prices), or the Premier League rights and people still pay those prices so who knows. Mind you Disney will need some amazing anti-counterfeiting technology if they want to sell more than one copy in Asia

Just finished re-watching The Incredibles. Review to follow tomorrow.
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List