View Single Post
Old 2 Jul 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
My American potatoe salad recipie from a villa neighbor
2pounds red potatoes boiled till just tender leave in the pan to cool and just cook a bit more
2 hard boiled eggs cooled and chopped
1 cup good mayo 1/2 ( half a cup of sour cream ) I use light mayo and light sour cream
1 cup of very finely chopped red onion
1/4 ( quarter cup ) chopped scallions spring onions or idpf like me you are Scottish Cyboes

In a bowl lightly crush the red potatoes skin on and the eggs and I mean crush add the red onion scallions and stir in the combined mayo and sour cream do this when the potatoes and egg are warm not hot as it might split taste and season to your preference
You can stir in to the mayo and sour cream a little mustard or honey mustard dressing if you like

I also do a pickled slaw and a avacado or mango bean salad that every one loves
Mine is very similar.

Red skinned potatoes , I take the skin off though. And a couple of boiled eggs finely chopped.
Wait till they have cooled off. Then I mix with finely chopped pickled gherkins and a good dash of the pickling juice. Then mix up with American mustard and proper Mayo. Salt and pepper to taste. Give a really good stir, break it all up.
I don’t have weights and measures as I just go by what I think.
It’s lovely when it’s just warm, but also if you let it set in the fridge over night it’s also great.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List