View Single Post
Old 6 Jul 21, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
Just seen this thread! We had our first rotisserie chicken last night. DH got a rotisserie to fit his weber for fathers day. Stuffed with lemon and garlic and then rubbed with a rub quite similar to outback steakhouse seasoning. Trussed the chicken and gave it an hour and 45 mins. The juices were coming out as it turned and it basted itself. Have to say I was quite impressed with the piece of kit. I do think he still prefers a coal bbq and may treat himself to a kamado style one in the future. I think our Weber is good for feeding the masses but not convinced with the flavour.

Just to add... I'd never heard of pink butchers paper. Have had a google and just ordered some
I need to get a rotisserie eventually for my Summit Kamado. This sounds great. Yes I suspect he would enjoy a Kamado as it is the ultimate all rounder. I did pizzas on mine on Saturday, with the deflector plate in I still hit 700f, becomes a bit of a challenge opening the lid when you get over 700 but pizzas do in a couple of minutes.

Yesterday for the Summit I ordered a Kamado Joe cast iron half moon sear grate and a Big Joe half moon cooking grate, so I have a 2 zone cooker, with a searing station over the coals, and a half grill for smoking at the normal level.

I’m going to get some nice, locally reared Ribeyes and do a reverse sear on this new setup on Sunday, I’ll post up some pics.

Edited at 07:01 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List