Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
A blood test alone will definitely not rule out Crohn’s or colitis. They need to at least do a stool sample to check the faecal calprotectin levels. If this is raised then they will definitely do a colonoscopy to do a definite diagnosis.
You can’t diagnose or rule out IBD with blood tests alone so I would definitely be chasing that up and don’t let the doctors fob you off. I wish I had known when Mason first started with symptoms, he was fobbed off for years with allergies until he was so poorly he couldn’t walk.
His early symptoms were tummy ache, leg rashes, swollen lips, aching legs, fatigue. These symptoms would come and go but at the beginning if 2020 they were constant and got worse, the bowel movements were up to 16 times a day, feeling or being sick, severely swollen lips, loosing mucus constantly, blood in stools, uncontrollable urges to go to the toilet and accidents especially when passing wind. Ulcers in mouth, painful anus etc hicups and sore throats all the time (he has it in his oesophageal too) extreme fatigue.
The symptoms continued to get worse over time.

My daughter has gyno issues and bowel issues. Her stool sample came back in the normal range so she has been diagnosed with IBS she doesn’t follow a certain diet but after keeping a food diary she avoids the foods that irritates her bowel. Its still not great to be honest snd she has been waiting to see someone for her periods for over 12 months.
Her bowel issues are, swollen stomach, stomach pains, gas and she needs to run to the toilet after eating certain foods.
Your poor son, it’s good to hear that he has a diagnosis now, but he shouldn’t have been misdiagnosed for so long. I hope that his treatment is helping him now. Sending you hugs, it’s horrible when you kids are poorly. In the last few years I’ve had breast cancer followed by gynae issues and more surgery and that was so much easier to cope with than my kids being ill.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List