Old 7 Oct 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
I have IBS and a friend at work suggested I try the FODMAP diet for a couple of weeks to try and identify triggers for me. I already knew that anything in the Allium group of foods, (onions, garlic etc), would affect me badly, and also cooked tomatoes and peppers. I found a copy of the diet online, and tried it for about 4 weeks, before slowly reintroducing things like dairy. It really did help me as there were a few things I didn't realise were also triggering my IBS. Doctors say that this definitely isn't a long-term diet though as it is very restrictive and hard to follow, but I felt it helped me massively and am glad I did this short-term. It is hard, but it will be worth it for a lot of people who try it.
You might find that you have an intolerance to fructose. My brother was diagnosed in Germany and they do not believe in IBS. You either have something medically wrong or an intolerance to something. He struggled with the same things