View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 16, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

**Update 1 - 23.01.16**
Well it didn't take long to realise I had omitted something - trip report newbie alert sorry!
One big thing I also sorted was to choose our seats on both outward and return leg. Luckily didn't have to pay as going PE but faced with upstairs or downstairs dilemma - answer? Do both! As neither of us have ever flown on a 'double decker' before, DH wanted to try upstairs so managed to select a row of 2 and the aisle seat in front - this way we can swap throughout flight and share the child minding duties!
On the return leg have chosen three seats in a row of four downstairs - being a night flight too didn't relish an overtired 4 year old having a meltdown walking up steps!
Rang Virgin to sort child meal too and query DH vegetarian meal request, to be told didn't need to pre-order this as a veggie option offered as standard - handy to know.
One thing I did find strange was although Virgin Atlantic found my reservation number for me and I had email confirmation of seats, yesterday Charter Travel sent me an email with my supposed Virgin reference number only to find it was totally different to the one I had already and - here comes the annoying part - this 'new' reference number completely wiped out the previous one and my seat reservations /API with it! :angry:
Thankfully when I logged in with the new reference, my seats were still showing as available or I would not have been a happy bunny. Just a heads up in case any of you have booked via Charter or some other agent.
And finally, I have changed the title of this pre trip report in honour of one of my fave attractions in Disney - The Carousel of Progress I love the sentiment behind it and hope it is indeed proven correct for us all! Til the next time
Matt H Wade from Wikipedia

Edited at 06:36 AM.
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List