View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lorr05
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Yes, indeed. And I think Disney has been reasonably upfront about that fact. It's aimed more at conventioners, whereas most of the other 20+ resorts are aimed more at families looking for Disney magic. They recently added the Gran Destino tower to encourage even more conventioners.

Of the 5 resorts listed on Disney's Meetings & Events website that Disney identifies as being "Ideal for Conventions & Other Large Events", CSR is the cheapest resort listed:

disneymeetingsandevents... world/resorts/

And, yes, Disney does have a website dedicated to corporate meetings and events at their parks where you can go to organise a convention at their resorts.
Yes because all families booking a summer holiday check the Disney meetings and events website.
I never suggested that Disney themselves weren’t upfront about it being a convention centre however in the UK, both on the Disney website and travel agents, virgin, Thomas Cook, Tui, etc it is definitely marketed and advertised towards families.
There would be nothing wrong with it being a convention centre if they had enough facilities to match the number of guests which my point is, at the moment they don’t seem to.
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List