View Single Post
Old 2 Nov 12, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your trip and you are perfectly entitled to not return.
For us there is no way we can afford to get to the US and for us DLP is magical, my DH definitely prefers DLP, we are more relaxed when we are there than in WDW, we do it on a budget and we do stay onsite most of the time so I don't feel the same pressure as it hasn't cost us a small fortune (we have 4 nights/5days at Cheyenne next March for a family of 5, for £390 including park tickets, travel will be about £220 including fuel/tolls/eurotunnel).

Although I am not a huge fan of the 'French' as a nation, I think it is unfair of you to suggest it is down to them not knowing how to pull off the Disney experience, I think it is far more to do with the visitors to the park than the host country. We are in Europe, wherever the park was in Europe they would have the same issues to deal with.

We have NEVER come across a rude CM at DLP, ever, despite some of the idiots we have seen them having to contend with and dealing with multiple languages. It isn't the gushing US style of customer service, but we're not in the US.

I think the park is looking great, not run down or shabby at all. Admittedly the sun was shining when we were there last week which helps make things look brighter, but lots of areas have been repainted recently and the landscaping is lovely. There are 2 areas that annoy me and need sorting, in Videopolis and in the Dumbo queue where there should be plants, but they can't grow as they are undercover, so they need to put fake plants in or change it completely.

We have more problems with smoking in UK attractions than in DLP, I do notice the smoking sometimes at DLP but this would be the same anywhere in Europe.

Queue jumping happens, we just make ourselves 'wider' and laugh about it, getting stressed about it is what spoils the holiday for us.

I see more stressed out overtired families in WDW than in DLP, ourselves included.

The toilets are clean, but there is a smell in them as they use recycled water in the toilet cisterns, it is more environmentally friendly as there is no need to waste drinking quality water on flushing toilets.

I agree much of the counter service food is expensive, there are some better value options to be had though if you know where to go. However, again no better or worse than in UK theme parks, I paid a small fortune for a hotdog at Warwick Castle last week for DD. However, on the whole the buffets at DLP offer good value and in some cases some great food. Even in WDW the food inside the parks is more expensive than outside and that's just the way it is. Even staying onsite I rarely eat in the Disney hotels, you can eat wherever you want.

Most ride 'breakdowns' are not actually breakdowns, they are to do with customers not following rules and slowing down the boarding process, to the point where the ride has to be stopped, some rides take a while to restart for safety reasons.

We have never queued more than an hour for a ride at DLP, this week is definitely a peak week at DLP due to French schools on holiday at the same time as some of ours, weekends are always busy, but so is WDW at peak times, I am sure they are not letting too many people in the parks.

We love DLP, it has it's faults but not enough to detract from the magic for us.

Edited at 11:32 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List