View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PJB71
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks for posting and sharing your positive experience. Tbh reading all the comments that say I've done it once but never again, were worrying me a little.

Thanks for the packing trips also. I bought a couple of Disney Hoodies, like I need an excuse but also fancying a Disney christmas jumper.

How do you find the shopping over the festive period? We were hoping to do a wee Walmart trip and maybe the Vineland Outlets. Other than that we have no offsite plans this time.

Is there any Christmas Disney stuff you have experienced tht you'd advise not to miss? Do you know when they are likely to announce all the Christmas stuff and alter the hours?
Hi, tbh we would never go at any other time of year now. Because everywhere looks so magical with all the Christmas decorations, Christmas music, little extra touches ie “snow” blowing down Main Street at the end of the evening etc I think we would feel as though there was sometime missing. I’m sorry I’m sure that doesn’t make sense but hopefully you’ll get what I mean once you’ve experienced it for yourself🎅🏽🎅🏽

I have 3 DDS (nearly 22, 19 & 7) so we do a lot of shopping! Haha infact they like to go to bed early on Christmas Day so they can go shopping on “day after Christmas” sales (that’s what they call it). We’ve got to Walmart about 8am on a Boxing Day morning & there’s been nothing left as I think they open about 5am & all Christmas stuff is at least 50% off 👍🏻

Like I said previously, yes the parks are busy but we compare it to what its probably like having to stand in the checkout queue in Sainsburys on a Christmas Eve, and I know which queue we’d rather be stood in. We just take the days at a more relaxed pace and if we only do a few rides that day then too us it’s not the end of the world as it’s not like we won’t be visiting that park again! It just gives you more time to sit & people watch 😉

The weather can be fabulous just like the heatwave was here in the summer or really chilly but it’s really strange as even when it’s chilly it’s usually a really bright blue sky ☀️

The opening times can be changed so it’s worth just picking up a guide as soon as you enter the park but as your staying on Disney property I’m sure you can probably pick one up there.

If your looking for something to do off site then Celebrations is lovely for a couple of hours in the evening as the cover the street with fake snow and have hourly “snowing” whilst playing Christmas songs & all the kids have great fun making snow angels etc.

I hope this helps in some small way & please ask if you have any other questions.

Paula xxxx
PJB71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List