View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I find it interesting people are complaining about the queues and things and the FP system.

I first when to WDW 33 years ago, queues were often an hour plus wait for smaller rides like Mr Toad and Snowwhite, for BTM a 3 hour wait was normal. No in queue entertainment, often outside queues with the occasional water fountain!

Now most rides are under an hour wait with the exception of the big rides, which you can normally get FPs for anyways even if you book out at 30 days - in fact we have had TSM as an on the day FP.

So for me the queues arent an issue at all - it could be because we normally go Sep/Oct Jan/Feb time where numbers are generally lower anyways.

I actually think that the loss of the entertainment and having less characters, parks closing early for private or extra cost events, areas being sealed off for extra fee paying people is more of an issue, we go to Disney for the shows and entertainment - the rides are not the best in FL, BG and SW both have much better big rides and water rides (as does US).

Cost wise I'm not sure we will be able to justify staying on site much longer which is a shame, I think if we arent staying on site we are unlikely to go to DS, the resorts or broadwalk and unlikely to book a 14 day ticket to disney, if we take the cost of disney off the hols, stay on i drive and just have the SW BG and US tix even adding in eating off site our holiday cost is 1/3

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List