View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Onwards to Jasper

As mentioned earlier, we had a real problem finding accommodation in Jasper, as most were showing as sold out with 90+ % of accommodation booked there by last November. I was hoping this was because they hadn’t all released their rooms for sale, but it was not to be. We booked a standard room at the Crimson Jasper for 3 nights, and that seems to be where we’re definitely staying. I checked again earlier today and this hotel is completely fully booked between April and mid October.

So with 2 full days to fill here, plus the afternoon of our arrival day, we still need to do some proper itinerary planning. On my list so far I have the following:

Jasper Sky Tram

For anyone who has been on this, should we pre-book or just try for an early slot on the day?

I’m worried about low visibility for any reason, so am hoping we can choose the day when we have a better idea about the weather. Don’t know if this is risky though, in case we can’t get tickets when we're there.

Maligne Lake/Spirit Island

Am assuming we might need to book a boat trip - does anyone have any recommendations for this?

Athabasca Falls

We do love a waterfall, and even more so that there's not a huge uphill hike first!

Miette Hot Springs

I still need to do lots of research, so I’m sure we’ve missed lots of things to see in Jasper. Please feel free to make any suggestions.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List