View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 16, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Beaching It With The Poole's Day 7 August 2016

We spent most of today doing this 😀

Title for today "I just don't believe it"

I don't know about this laid back approach...we are getting lazier and lazier and we love it, but I know it is not exciting for all of you reading.

We woke up at 5.50am today and were up and at it. Big bowl of porridge for me and pancakes with chocolate chips for Grace and Daddy. Our plan was to go to the beach this morning but we changed our minds and I can't remember why so at 7.10am Daddy and I went out on the bikes and goodness we did about 4 miles! I put a towel on the seat today because to be honest it's agony...did the towel make any difference...not a bit, it was still agony.

We made our way round Rotunda and it is so nice to look at all the different houses, we even saw a rabbit this morning and a bit of support for Trump! We are right next to a golf course too and we even ventured up to the first T.
It was much much better going at this time of the morning, much less heat made it very pleasant.

We were back just about 7.50am and Nanny and Grandad went out for a walk then. I made a fruit salad and Grace and Daddy cleaned the pool which Grandad normally does but Grace couldn't wait for him to get back. We were in the pool by 8.30.

The plan for today was made all around Tom Daley I love watching Tom in the diving so our plan was to pool it for a little then to leave for Cracker Barrel at around 12pm so we could be back to watch Tom in the final of the diving...boo, still felling sad about it.

We got ready to go out and took some photos outside the villa. It was just before we left that I realised that Tom had not got through to the finals...this really threw me, I still can't believe it..anyway I have to move on!

We got in the car and we're off to Cracker Barrel. We always go on a Saturday because the special is chicken and rice and it is my absolute favourite.
We fuelled up along the way $20 gave us half a tank or 10.10 gallons, I am not sure what the cost per one of our litres is but to be able to fill that massive car of ours for around $40 is absolutely ridiculous.

We used the sat nav to get to the restaurant and had to do a little detour due to some incorrect lane discipline from me, but soon pulled up outside.

We were seated immediately and I ordered my chicken and rice, Daddy had salmon cakes, the special, nanny had the slow cooked beef open sandwich and Grandad had the chicken platter. Grace ordered chicken tenders and wanted Mac and cheese too so I ordered that as a side so she could have fries with hers. It turned out that she ate most of the Mac and cheese and I had her fries!

We all enjoyed it massively and had pudding after too Grace and Daddy had Coca Cola cake, nanny had an apple cobbler type thing and Grandad had apple pie and he never has pudding! $72 later we were all stuffed!

We did a little shopping in the gift shop and Grace got a harmonica!

We stopped off at Aldi's on the way home for some milk and other rubbish we didn't need to munch on! Sweets! We ate all of those whilst in the car! We arrived back home at 3.30pm just in time for the diving which I watched for just 5 minutes I couldn't bear it! We went back in the pool, I love that time of the day, we were out there until 6pm.

We all got showered..again! And Grace had a peanut butter sandwich and then I put her to bed , just as shattered as usual.

On our trip to Walmart yesterday we got this box of donuts...Daddy and Nanny are slowly but surely working their way through them but for $1.99 apparently it would have been rude not to!

I have also attached a picture of the living room in the villa, this is the quiet room, with no to just for chilling...lovely.

So the title of the report today was because I spent all the time driving to the restaurant saying I couldn't believe Tom Daley was out!...

Tomorrow we are out for breakfast then a walk on the beach so we will see you tomorrow, thanks for ready along

pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List