Old 27 Aug 11, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
MEDICAL/LAUNDRY & MISC

Medical
On all of the disney ships, you will find a well equipped medical centre. It can deal with severe sea sickness through to heart attacks and has both a doctor and nurses onboard at all times.
If you have cause to use the medical facilities, you will be charged so please ensure your holiday insurance covers cruises and not just land based holidays. You have to pay upfront for these services then claim back through your insurance - it is NOT CHEAP ok!
One top thing they have in the med centre is Dioralyte in frozen popsicles for children. My niece (3 at the time) was quite poorly on our first cruise .. too much excitement, too much ice cream, too much sun etc etc. The doctor gave my sister a few of these popsicles and Isabelle was right as rain within hours. Thinking it was a sugary ice pop was obviously a great thing for her as I doubt she would have drunk a cup of it!

Laundry
There are numerous laundry areas on each of the Disney ships and in all of them you will find washers, dryers and ironing equipment.
Detergent and dryer sheets are available (current cost is $1 per box) in the laundry room and to get these, you just show your KTTW card to a machine and it will be charged to your onboard account.
A wash will cost you $2 on all and same for drying. Various options are available for timing and heat etc. Be careful with the heat, it shrinks your clothes!
With the DCL app, it will also remind you that your washing is coming to an end - please set an alarm on your phone too and do not leave your clothes in the machine after the load has finished. it's infuriating to have the machines blocked by people who can't be bothered to come back - you may find your washing removed and dumped in a pile if you do this!

I always take my own washing pods and some dryer sheets in a small lunch box - every $1 saved and all that!

One of the laundry areas:

T'INTERNET
DCL do have t'interweb packages but the signal can be slow (dependant on satellite positions while at sea), and it is fairly expensive at $89 for 1000mb.

Very often, you can get free wifi for your mobile at the ports, but please ensure that you pick up the port signal and not the ships one or your bill will show you've been accessing the internet from the Bahamas even when you're in the Med (ship is registered in the Bahamas!). o2 made me aware of this after returning from the Med cruise one year and being shell shocked at my bill.

You get a free 50mb on the first day, but ensure you switch off all 'background apps refresh' before you sign up for it. Each email account can have the 50mb, so if you have 4 people in your room, you can all have 50mb, but you need different email addresses. Download the DCL app BEFORE you get on the ship too.

On every ship, there is a t'interweb man (normally a man anyway). Go see him and get him to sort your phone out or your Mb will disappear within minutes! On the Magic and Wonder, he will be at the aft end of the Promenade Lounge. For the Fantasy and Dream, he's on deck 4 midships.

Edited at 01:01 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List