View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 16, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 15 - A Bit Of Culture

Usual early wake up - at least I seem to get 7 hours uninterrupted sleep which is unusual at home.

Breakfast was French toast.

Then we went for a walk along the beach. The tide seemed very low this morning.

After watching a bit of the Olympics, we headed out to La Pocatiere. We like to visit small local museums. One of our favourite memories of Toronto was the Sugar Museum. Today's museum was the Museum of Food and Agriculture. It was C$20 to go in. We were the only visitors.

We lived the moose heads - closest we have come to seeing them.

Loved this view from the window.

This made me think of The Wizard - a snowmobile from 1962.

And its engine.

The museum was well done - we could have spent longer than the 90minutes we were there.

After pizza for lunch we headed back to Lac de l'Est at the kids' request.

It was certainly cooler today but it didn't stop the kids going into the lake.

They enjoyed the inflatable again!

The lake is attached to a campsite. It isn't that big (195 places) but obviously help is needed to get around!

And some campers seem to bring everything and the kitchen sink! It is certainly the way to camp.

It was lovely to see DS (aged 15) enjoying the old fashioned beach activity of sandcastle building!

After a dinner clearing out the fridge we had our usual dessert. I had the same as yesterday. We will miss this place!

No sunset tonight - cloudy and quite cold!

Just finishing the packing ready for the move tomorrow! Here's hoping the last house is as fabulous as the first two have been!

Edited at 01:34 AM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List