View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 16, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Kuala Lumpar 2016 LIVE - All By Myself: Day 1- Travel Part 1

So here I am again - off on my travels!

A little introduction: I am Mel, 48 years old, wife to one and mum to two!

I am currently sitting at gate 45 of my local airport waiting to board my flight to Istanbul. After that I have a connecting flight to Kuala Lumpar. All the flights are are Turkish Airlines.

This is a solo trip - DH is in charge of our two children (aged 15 and 11). The trip came about because I usually try to do a solo trip somewhere. I love travelling. I didn't really have a fixed idea of where to go but my preference was east. I found reasonably priced flights to KL and a very reasonably priced hotel (just opened). The week away has cost 650euros so far.

This morning was spent taking DH to work and dropping DD at pony club. I did a grocery shop on the way back.

Then I thought I should pack

About 11.30am I said goodbye to DS and went to pick up DH who works near the airport. He bought me here, I did baggage drop - took ages. Only took me 1 minutes but everyone in front seemed to take ages.

After a sandwich lunch I said goodbye to DH and went through security and passport (long! )

Now about to board . Flight looks like it might be full.

Hopefully will gave a more interesting update in about 4 hours.

The first flight was uneventful. I was just behind business class next yo a young Guy who was off to ≈≈≈≈stan. He seemed to he a very nervous flyer. Think he wished he was next to the window!

I had ordered an Asian veggie meal. Strange to get a proper meal on a short haul flight. The actual hot meal was tasty. I didn't fancy the lentil salad - the potential side effects on a long flight put me off

I tried the fruit salad but the grateful was do sour that I didn't bother after that

We arrived at Istanbul Airport on time. It is a very busy airport. Flights all night to places I have never heard off

My flight to KL is at 2.05am - I don't think I have ever left at such an unsociable hour!

I had a decaff Starbucks - on the one hand I don't want to nod off. On the other hand, once I fet on the next flight I do!

Have paid an extortionate 40 euros for lounge access. The good leaves much yo be desired but there is st least drinks snd wifi and it is calm. Still 5 hours before my next flight!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List