View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 16, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Kuala Lumpar 2016 LIVE - All By Myself: Day 3 - HOHO Bus, Chinatown and Mall

After initially waking up at 1.30am I managed to fall back to sleep until 8.15am - not bad I thought.

The hotel continues with it "fails". No shower gel, only barely warm water and breakfast didn't turn up. Not that I was too fussed about the later. Curry for breakfast - not really my thing! I get the feeling the hotel is experiencing real teething issues.

Not too bothered though - for the price I paid it is fine

I managed to get out by about 9.30am. I took screen shots of how to get to the HOHO bus stop.

As I hadn't had breakfast I stopped at Starbucks - cafe latte and a mississippi mud muffin - 20RM (about 5 euros). The muffin was too sweet even for me but it filled a gap!

I managed to find the bus stop and bought my ticket - 45RM (11 euros). I thought it would be a good way of getting an overview of the city.

I decided yo sit upstairs but in the sir conditioned bit as it was already hot and humid.

I stayed on for the complete tour. First sight was Chinatown.

A very islam inspired design on a skyscraper.

The start of the Indian district.

The Square where the first Malaysian flag was raised after Independence from Britain on 30th August 1957.

The Petronas Towers - they were the tallest building for a while and ate still the tallest twin towers on the world.

I got off after reaching Chinatown again. I didn't like the main street - too many fake things and I just felt uncomfortable.

However I did like Central Market - much more civilised

I was hungry so I went to the food area there and had sweet and sour veggies. It cost 8.50RM - 2 euros. It was delicious.

I got DD a batik birthday card as it is her birthday when I get back.

There are lots of temples around here. There were a couple I would like to revisit - wasn't really properly kitted out today.

I got the monorail back to Bukit Bintang. I came across this incredible Japanese shop - the food hall was amazing. They were even growing their own salads.

There are malls everywhere. Within a 20 minute walk of the hotel there are at least 5!

This is the Pavillion Mall - one of the posher ones.

I came back to the hotel for a bit of a rest. Then decided to head back yo last night's mall for dinner.

The mall had a couple of great Japanese useless items stores - I love these types of shops

I had dinner at Nandos - I think this exists in the UK but there aren't any in France. I had a veggie burger with piripiri fries and coleslaw. It was delicious. It cost 27RM (7 euros).

I headed back to the hotel - I have walked 24,700 steps today - over 17km!

Hopefully will have a good night's sleep ready for tomorrow!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List