View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

DAY ONE. TRAVEL DAY
BRODERICKS, PLANE FOOD AND WENDYS

Our flight from Manchester left at 11.10am so that required a 4am start to travel from Whitley Bay. Made good time and after checking the car in with Meet and Greet (Always excellent) and getting though Check in and Security in record time it was time for breakfast! So off we headed to our favourite haunt in the airport, Brodericks
So for me I went for the Bacon Sausage and Egg Sandwich with a Filter Coffee

While Elaine went for the Sausage and Egg Sandwich with Coffee

As always this filled a hole and was excellent quality and a lot more reasonable priced than others in Terminal Two.

So after a leisurely breakfast and wonder through the shops Duty Free and a Drugs check when getting on the plane lunch duly arrived an hour or so into the flight.
We both chose the same option which was Chicken in a Mushroom Sauce with Mashed Potato and Peas with an Asian Salad of some kind

Now this was as unappetising as it looks and as for the salad, that was just plane Nasty!
Hopefully the afternoon tea would be a different story which was to be a Mozzarella and Pesto Malted Roll with a scone and clotted cream

While the scone was lovely the least said about the roll the better but to describe it as bland tasteless and dry would be doing it a favour!
I have always defended Virgin's food as being of a better quality than most but not today Sir Richard
However every cloud has a silver lining as this left more room for WENDYS! Now this is our 16th visit to Orlando and every time our first meal on American soil has been this fine establishment. So after arriving at our rented villa at the Shire on WestHaven and unpacking we headed for the Wendys at Championsgate
In all those times Elaine has never had a beef related product as she swears that the Spicy Chicken Sandwich there is the best and will not change her order so here it is

Now I am a burger man so went for the Baconator and fries with a portion of Chicken Nuggets as it was my Birthday( I did not want a cake hence the candle in the Nuggets!)

Wendys never fails to disappoint and IMHO knocks all the other Fast Food Burger Joints out of the park. Tasty juicy and always fresh and you can watch them prepare your order so you know it has not been standing there for any length of time Was it the best burger though on this trip? Not this time but that will be revealed later on!

Edited at 05:31 PM.
Geordie Al is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List