Old 16 Feb 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We had a lazy start to Sunday before heading back to Disney Springs for brunch. Raglan Road was our destination. Nik was adamant he did not want to go here; we ate here a few years ago and didn’t enjoy it. I felt like our opinions had been tainted by the fact it was the day we were flying home and we were just in bad moods, but he wasn’t to be swayed. Raglan Road is a Dibb favourite so I was determined to try it again. Brunch here was unfinished business as it was cancelled last year.

Raglan Road

You can view the menu here: disneyworld.disney.go/en...taurant/menus/

Despite checking in on time we were told it would be a 20-minute wait until we were seated, we were given a pager and had a wander around the store. I had to resist buying a hoodie as I really liked the bottle green. We were given a high-top table in the bar which I wasn’t thrilled about at first but the seats were actually really comfortable and we had a good view of the stage.

Although I wanted to try the brunch menu, I was a bit worried about the fact brunch has entertainment as I was worried how loud the restaurant would be but it wasn’t an issue and we enjoyed the band and the dancers.

We ordered two cokes and when they came, they were basically soda water; I was a bit annoyed as they were visibly not right and we were still served them. We had to wait ages for the server to change them. Not a good start.

Try as I might to get Nik to order the Dalkey Duo, he had An Irish Egg Guinness and onion sausage crusted egg, pickled cabbage, saffron aioli

He said this was good, but not as good as the Rose & Crown version. I tried it and thought the Guinness was quite overpowering in the sausage.

I knew what I was going to have years ago haha. Scallop Forest Foleys all-natural Georges Bank sea scallops in golden batter served with citrus lime dipping sauce and sweet chili jam

These didn’t disappoint. I was a little worried that the scallops would be overcooked having been fried but they were perfect. The dipping sauces were the star though and really made the dish.

After much indecision (I really wanted to try the salmon waffles) I ordered Three Times a Boxty Sliced Irish ham, topped with Dubliner cheddar between two boxy potato cakes, with a fried egg and chips

I thought the ‘potato cakes’ were going to be potato scones but they were like the hash browns they serve at iHop. I was SO disappointed. The ham I thought would be like freshly carved carvery ham but it was basically a big thick chunk of bacon. Pretty awful. I only ate the chips.

Nik had Full Irish Full Irish breakfast with Cheshire heritage pork Irish banger, black and white pudding, bacon, roasted tomato, mushrooms and fried eggs with roasties

I’m not going to beat around the bush. He said this was rank. He liked the egg but that was it.

The service had been painfully slow and the drinks refills were not forthcoming, I didn’t see many servers roaming around in the main dining area so perhaps they were short staffed?! I just wanted to get out of there. I knew we would never be back so I had to weigh up whether or not I wanted to try the bread and butter pudding or leave, and in the end we left.

This was the only place we tipped less than 20%. Brunch was $80.94 and I did not think it was worth the money. We left a $12 tip.

So, what did we learn from Raglan Road? Trust our instincts. It joined Le Cellier on the list of places we’ll never eat again. We have now decided that if we real don’t like somewhere (Diamond Horseshoe!) we won’t give them a second chance as it seems history repeats itself.

We headed off to Hollywood Studios. We did something VERY naughty. We left the car at Disney Springs, but as we were onsite guests and didn’t have to pay for parking at the parks anyway, so was it naughty?! We jumped on a bus to HS and it was so great not having to faff with the trams.

Having skipped dessert, we headed straight to Hollywood Scoops. Well, once I found it haha.

I had Apple Crisp a la Mode Cinnamon Apple topped with Old-fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream, Caramel Sauce and Streusel $7.23

WOW! When I was served this, I was very perplexed as to why it was a melted mess but it’s because the apples are served warm. This was SO good, like fall in a bowl.

Nik had Ice Cream Sundae Old-fashioned Vanilla with Hot Fudge, Whipped Cream and a Cherry $6.70

Really simple but he thought this was fantastic.

We were thirsty so I went back to one of the QS to get us a soda. I was going to just pay for the soda but then I realised we were a bit peckish after not really having any lunch and we had meal credits to burn so I got us a

Meat Lovers Pizza Pizza topped with Sausage, Pepperoni and served with Caesar Salad

$15.95

By the time I got back to our table, Nik had been joined by a American lady who had asked if he minded if she shared the table. We sat and chatted to her whilst we had our soda and just picked at the pizza, when we got up to leave, she remarked we hadn’t eaten much of the pizza. When I told her I only got it because I wanted the soda, she nearly fell off the chair laughing, she thought we were nuts.

Anyway, I really like this Disney pizza. Nik preferred the one he had last night. I love the Caesar salad too because it is swimming in dressing.

I SO badly wanted this t-shirt but pink isn’t really my colour, nor are v-necks.

This bag though

We stopped at Trolley Car Café for some drinks to take with us for the Beauty and the Beast show.

Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino $6.17

We love this.

Mango Dragonfruit – Tall $4.25

I am sorry guys, I just can’t get on board with the Refreshers. Regardless of which flavour I try I find them SO strong, like diluting juice that hasn’t had water added. Nik thought it might taste nicer once the ice had melted a bit, he was right but I still wouldn’t have it again.

Carrot Cake Cookie $3.51

This is great, and I don’t even like carrot cake. Although it’s called a ‘cookie’ it is super soft like a cake and the frosting is so good. Another thing that you eat a little off and then can’t stop.

Popcorn $5.59

We grabbed some of this before the Frozen show. Nik isn't a fan of salted popcorn and doesn't understand why American's will put sugar on everything but not their popcorn haha.

I was so sad that when we got to the Incredibles area the Neighbourhood Bakery was closed and we couldn’t get a Num Num cookie or the Key Lime Pie on a stick.

We had a fab day at the Studios despite thinking we would struggle with the new FPs structure. We got the bus back to Disney Springs for dinner. A lot of other people had the same idea as us! We didn’t get a seat but we did manage to squeeze on. It was a real trek from the park exit to the stop for Disney Springs though.

I should really be going to bed now as I’m working early tomorrow but I can’t leave the trip repot on the absolute low of Raglan Road.

Morimoto Asia

We were supposed to be eating at 50s Prime Time tonight but we had loved our spontaneous lunch yesterday that we decided to switch plans up again and we were so glad we did as this was the standout meal of the trip.

You can see the menu here: disneyworld.disney.go/en.../menus/dinner/

It was SO busy, there was people everywhere in the check in area. It was quite large but I still felt a bit claustrophobic. We had checked in early but we seated a little past our ADR time. The restaurant is HUGE and very noisy. We had a table right by the open kitchen and it was great seeing all the dishes come out.

We were in our park clothes and I think if we were to go back in the evening, we would get a bit more dressed up. There were plenty of other people dressed casually I just felt like the restaurant’s atmosphere was more fitting to something a bit nicer. It seemed like there was lots of locals there rather than tourists which again told me it was going to be good.

We couldn’t settle for just two starters so we decided to go to town, get three and pay OOP for one.

Crispy Popcorn Shrimp Tempura Signature Tempura Shrimp, Spicy Gochujang Aioli

This was Nik’s favourite dish of the trip. He doesn’t even like shrimp but that is how good this was. Remember how I said I hate how sweet and sour chicken always has soggy batter?! The batter here was still perfectly crispy. I have no idea how they did it. Amazing dish with a bit of heat but not too much.

Chicken Wings Spicy garlic soy sauce

These were also excellent with a nice crispy skin and juicy meat. Again, not too spicy.

Morimoto Spare Ribs Pork Ribs, Cilantro, Hoisin Sweet Chili Glaze

Guys, we found pork that I liked! I thought these were even better than the shrimp, the meat just fell off the bone. I think one of us would have to have these as a main next time.

To be honest, we were so full at this point we could have gone home happy. The menu here is extensive and if you were paying OOP you could have a real feast of small plates and dim sum to share with the table. Being on the DxDP obviously dictated what we ordered somewhat.

Orange Chicken Tempura Chicken, Chinese Broccoli, Wok-tossed with a sweet florida orange sauce served with choice of steamed white or brown rice

This was Nik’s choice. It wasn’t for me as I don’t do sweet and sour together but he thought it was fantastic; nice big juicy pieces of chicken with a zingy sauce.

Red Miso-glazed Faroe Island Salmon Wilted Bok Choy, Shaoxing Gastique, Grilled Rice Cake, Morimoto Dashi Broth with choice of steamed white or brown rice

Not only do Morimoto know how to make pork I actually like, I finally found a Disney restaurant that can cook salmon! The miso glaze wasn’t for me but luckily it was only on the top of the fish so I left the top and ate the rest, the fish just flaked apart and was gorgeous in the broth with the rice.

We were SO full but we had had such an amazing meal we had to try dessert.

Chocolate Cream & Crunch Oreo Tempura, Mandarin Orange Jelly, Dark Chocolate Gelato, Hazelnut Chocolate Crunchies

When this came out I had to try very hard to contain my excitement. It was actual CORNFLAKE CRISPY CAKES! I love crispy cakes, I love jelly. I was in heaven with this, so many different textures and the mandarin and chocolate paired so well together. I couldn’t brave the tempura Oreo though.

Churro Fondue Housemade churros, Nutella, vanilla cream

So yummy, and really fun with the dips.

Our total bill was $145.91 which considering the abundance of food we had I thought was excellent value. We paid for our extra starter so the DxDP covered $132.06. Not great value for 4 dining credits, but again, on DxDP you’re not worrying about that. We left a $30 tip.

Nik says that it was sensational and that I am to tell you all that small plates is the way to go haha. I am in agreement; we will be back next year when have no dining plan and we can order exactly what we’d like.

After a rotten start to the day it had turned out really well and when we were heading back to the car, we were trying to work out how we could rejig the plan to make sure we still completed Unfinished Business but could squeeze some more Disney Springs restaurants in. Sorry Disney, the third-party owned restaurants were hitting it out of the park.

Go to Morimoto Asia. I don't even like Asian food and I cannot wait to go back. For those of you on the DDP, it is only one credit at lunch time and the menu is pretty much the same as dinner.

DxDP Daily Cost: $232.50
Actual Daily Spend: $276.25
DxDP Cost to Date: $1,609.50
Actual Cost to Date: $1,819.70
Table Service Credits: 47/78
Snack Credits: 29/52
Unfinished Business: 7/12
Tips: $298
So pleased I remembered you had a review of Morimoto We are really thinking of this for lunch. It looks amazing
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List