Old 14 Mar 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Shall we go, or not? A last minute trip! Day 3 - Hollywood Studios

25 Feb

This morning we had an 0600 start! We were up super early (for us) as our plan today was Hollywood Studios and we were trying to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance!

We left Shingle Creek at about 0700 and were at the park around 0730 even having gone through bag check.

We made our way towards Galaxy’s Edge and had a look around the shop while we waited. At 0800, Rob managed to join a boarding group (my app did nothing!) and we got 38!

For anyone that is avoiding spoilers - there are a few photos coming up today of the experience.

We decided while we were here to join the Smugglers Run line, which took about 2 hours, I swapped our Toy Story Mania FP for Star Tours as we weren’t going to make the time.

We were allocated pilots but swapped with a little boy (dressed as a Jedi) and his dad so we were gunners instead. I enjoyed the ride but I’m not sure it was worth the wait….

After Smugglers Run we grabbed some food at ABC (chicken strips and a kids turkey sandwich) and by 10.45 our boarding group was open. We went back to Galaxy’s Edge and the line took around 15 mins before we were on the ride!

I have to say; the ride wasn’t what I was expecting at all (I had deliberately avoided spoilers) and was very well done. I would have liked slightly more time actually in the ‘ride’ as there are some sections that feel rushed.

Next up we made our way to Star Tours using FP then had a better look around Galaxy’s Edge.

It was getting quite hot so we went to see the Onward preview before our Tower of Terror FP.

By now we were starting to feel our early start and so were glad of a short rest at Sci Fi where we had a late lunch. We did consider just having desserts but once we were in the restaurant we felt cooler and so ordered a cheese steak sandwich (Rob) and a cheeseburger (me).

Once we were finished with lunch we took a quick look around Launch Bay and then some of the other shops.

We decided to have a break from the park and so took the Skyliner to CBR and then Riviera where we stopped and got a drink. I’m still not sure I see the appeal of Riviera but the skyliner was very convenient. The quick serve restaurant seemed very small for the resort.

We went back to the park and used our last FP on Rock n Rollercoaster before deciding to give the evening a miss as we had run out of energy.

We were back at the hotel by 1830 and I finished off my cake for a snack.

Edited at 09:04 PM.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List