View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Aspergers is what people generally used to call it, some still do.

Most are average or above average intelligence and don’t usually have the learning difficulties that usually come with autism, although some will still have additional needs.

I have autism and I could probably label it as high functioning. I hold down a job, I’m above average intelligence, but I do struggle socially. I’m not socially inappropriate as such, I can hold down a job fine, I just struggle to form relationships with people and maintain them as I have a slight lack of interest and awareness of other people.

Main difficultly with me is I do have problems with loud noises, I don’t like loud music, loud tv, bangs and clangs annoy me more than I can explain. But each person with autism is an individual so it’s probably best to set down ground rules with the lodger and in doing this, find out if there is anything they need to tell you about it. Each person is individual, with me, most people can tell there is something a little different about me, but they wouldn’t really be able to point out what, they’d probably just describe me as a bit odd I guess, but that’s me.

Edited at 09:33 AM.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List