View Single Post
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Nev’s pre travel day: Premier Inn dinner

Nev will be joining me here tomorrow for the final night at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Tonight he is staying at the Premier Inn North Terminal ahead of his flight tomorrow morning. He pre-booked the dinner and breakfast package (well I did). He has sent me the photos and his own commentary below.

On arriving at the restaurant I was told there would be a table at 9pm, in forty minutes time, so I went and had a beer. Upon returning at 9pm I was seated quite quickly. The waitress went through the menu quite quickly but then vanished to seat other people.

After probably seven or eight minutes somebody came to take my order and a couple of minutes later my beer was served. After a further seven or eight minutes my prawn cocktail turned up. There was a nod in the presentation to the retro prawn cocktail unfortunately it was deconstructed. I had expected the Marie Rose sauce to be mixed into the prawn salad as opposed to being in a little dish on the side. It was a very uninspiring dish. Another thing, the white plate it was served on was ancient as it had that grey, scratchy, washed a million times look.

The mixed grill turned up in a reasonable amount of time. The steak was cooked near to rare, all the other pieces were there but it was a below average pub meal. I won’t be remembering it.

It served a purpose of feeding me, but it was meh

I think he sent me that final photo with two left over peas because I had a piece of radish left over the other day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List