Old 24 Aug 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mary Poppins (review)

I was dragged to see a re-release of this (early 80’s?) with female cousins as a young child and HATED IT, made worse by how much they enjoyed it. This is the first full watch since.

Disney+
Some great great songs (and some weaker ones, there are so many)
Main roles of Mary, Bert and Mr Banks are brilliantly performed (child actors are good too)
The dance sequence with the sweeps on the rooftops
Innovative blends of animation and live action and cinematic tricks that must have seemed like magic themselves in the 1960s

Disney-
If this was made now it would be @30 minutes shorter with weaker scenes cut or shortened to tighten it up, In my humble opinion this would improve it.

Rating 7/10 obviously a classic with the most obvious message for misguided parents everywhere. We found it not that easy a watch now if you don’t have an earlier affection for it.

Latest Watchlist:

In Progress
Muppets Now! (Season 1)
The Imagineering Story (5/6 watched)
Once Upon a Time (Season 1)
Star Wars Rebels (Season 1)

Planned
Incredibles 2
The Jungle Book (original animated version)
Lady and the Tramp (the new live action one)
Moana
Bolt

Also re-watching The Mandalorian with DW
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 05:24 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List